Stellar Sound Labs was born out of Mark Scetta’s experience in music performance and production in New England, New York and California. My musical and technical background has translated to stages, recordings, TV shows, classrooms, and a book. There is nothing I love more than enabling artists to achieve their musical dreams.
When a mastering engineer understands and speaks to you in MUSICAL, not just technical, language, then getting the tone, dynamics, arrangement, etc. that you want is much easier. Ideas flow, and we can achieve a sound YOU love in the same way as say, a chef turns raw ingredients into food YOU will love.
Stellar was founded on these principles:
1. Sculpt the work toward the artist’s vision or aesthetic.
2. Design sonics and fidelity appropriate for the genre.
3. Put in positive, focused, creative energy.
4. Take care of all technical issues so the artist can relax.
5. Keep in mind the future context of the music.